Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups hot water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Place the roast, potatoes, hot water, carrots, soup, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, browning sauce if desired, bouillon granules, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Stew
Sort By :
This was so easy and so delicious. I put in two cans of beef consume and one cup water instead of three cups water. Also, my husband and kids all liked it too. I added mushrooms, extra carrots and celery. Extra cornstarch was needed as well. I can't wait to eat the leftovers!
I'm not a very experienced cook, but it was easy enough for me to make & it turned out delicious. It has a great "mom's home cooking" flavor. I didn't have celery, so I substituted zucchini that I put in at the same time as the peas. This is a very good recipe!
A wonderful recipe. I followed the recipe completely but had trouble thickening it for some reason. Just added a bit of flour in a bit of water and that did it. Great! Will make again for sure!
Yum! One of the better recipes for beef stew that I've tried in a while.
everybody loved this!