Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope (1-1/2 ounces) beef Stroganoff seasoning for the slow cooker
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup port wine or beef broth
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil. Add water and seasoning mix, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Transfer meat and drippings to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Combine the wine, mustard and sugar; stir into the mushroom mixture. Add to slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff(27)
Sort By :
I've been trying to find a good Stroganoff recipe and this is definitely not it. I was very disappointed ! Unfortunately this recipe has absolutely no taste whatsoever! I'm still on the hunt for a good one!
Everyone in the family loves this recipe. The beef always comes out melt in your mouth tender.
Using the crock pot was a great way to make beef stroganoff! I thought it was a little salty, but that was the stroganoff seasoning mix I used. I really liked the flavor the port wine added, I'm glad I used it instead of the broth.
What burns me is when people rate a recipe that they have changed. Also my question to the woman who rated this recipe 1-Star...seriously ketchup and mustard in Stroganoff????!!!!!! Did you buy the right seasoning package????? This recipe was very good....I did use beef broth as opposed to Port simply because I didn't have any Port
Wonderful recipe and tastes great with mashed potatoes! I didn't care as much for it with the noodles. I would recommend adding a can of cream of mushroom to this prior to serving as it is a little on the runny side. Makes for a delicious gravy on mashed potatoes :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Steak >