Slow Cooker Beef Chili Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Yield: 4 cups.
1 cup equals 253 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 892 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.