Slow Cooker Beef Chili Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef Chili
Sort By :
"I agree with "Mrs. Doubtfire" -- WAY too "ketchupy". It really did taste like barbecue sauce with kidney beans in it. Don't think I'll be making this again -- and, if I do, I will definitely be tweaking it."
"This recipe was so quick and easy that I made it in a pan on the stove! The only adjustments I made were to add a can of sweet kernel corn and instead of using chili powder, I used a chili seasoning packet. Delicious!"
"What a great great great recipe. I did add a little more meat more tomato sauce and a small can of paste with only a 1/4 cup of ketchup. My husband really enjoyed and has been raving about it. It wasnt to spicy either and the kids loved it they even got seconds."
"Very vibrant and strong flavor with not too much spice. We like more mild chilis that bring out the flavor of the ingredients rather than simply burning your taste buds away, and it fit the bill perfectly. The convenience of the smaller serving size helped as well, we were sad to see Cooking For 2 go."
"Not my idea of chili really, wasn't bad though. A little too "ketchupy" for me, reminded me of meatloaf. Maybe rename this recipe to "Meatloaf Soup & Beans"?"