“This tomatoey chili was our traditional Halloween supper when our children were small,” shares Mary Foster, Franklin Grove, Illinois. “My husband and I still enjoy its slow-cooked goodness and keep extra servings in the freezer.”
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Chili in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p7
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review