- 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Drain and discard marinade. Add 1/4 cup flour to beef in bag; toss to
- coat. Transfer beef to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- tomato paste, thyme, parsley and remaining wine, pepper and salt.
- Pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat
- is tender.
- Combine remaining flour and broth until smooth; gradually stir into
- beef mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy
- is thickened. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 11 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without noodles) equals 353 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.