Slow Cooker Beef Burgandy Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup burgundy wine or beef broth
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove to paper towels. In the drippings, brown the beef; drain.
- Place beef and bacon in a 5-qt. slow cooker, Add the broth, onion, carrot, butter, tomato paste, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add mushrooms and wine. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef Burgandy
Sort By :
"Delicious! My family loved it. I added peas which we liked but is definitely not necessary."
"Made as written. Used the beef broth instead of the wine. Easy recipe. Would probably add more mushrooms and some peas next time."
"Seriously, this was fantastic! In fact, I've never rated/reviewed a recipe before, it was that good. The only thing I changed was - I added two extra carrots, a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce and a handful of frozen peas when I added the mushroom. The meat was so tasty and tender. It melted in your mouth."
"Really good. I shared with my neighbor!"
"This is a great recipe. I use 4 carrots, 1 parsnip, and add 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce. My husband loves this dish!"