Slow Cooker Beef Burgandy Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup burgundy wine or beef broth
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove to paper towels. In the drippings, brown the beef; drain.
- Place beef and bacon in a 5-qt. slow cooker, Add the broth, onion, carrot, butter, tomato paste, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add mushrooms and wine. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef Burgandy
Sort By :
Really good. I shared with my neighbor!
This is a great recipe. I use 4 carrots, 1 parsnip, and add 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce. My husband loves this dish!
The family really liked this one. It was very hearty and delicious tasting and very easy to make. We will be making this again!
Forgot to click on the stars....
Oh this was wonderful! It took me longer than 15 minutes of Prep though, more like a half hour. My family loved it, and I will make it again!