Slow Cooker Beef au Jus Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) au jus gravy mix
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut roast in half. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meat on all sides over medium-high heat.
- 2. Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat. Combine the broth, gravy mix, garlic and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove meat to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice meat and return to the slow cooker; serve with cooking juices and onion. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 188 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 471mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef au Jus
"I added some dry red wine 1/2 cup plus broth and au jus to the rump roast. Was excellent. Next time I'll certainly make time for some mashed potatoes."
"Great recipe. Cooked much faster. Done in 5 hours on low. I added carrots. Very yummy!"
"Amazing! Set the browned roast on a bed on sliced onion and baby red potatoes, and mixed the au jus packet with a full can (14oz) of low salt beef broth (we like sauce!) Was rushed for time so did 2 hours on high, plus 2 hours on low. So good, was hoping for sandwich lunch leftovers as one reviewer suggested, but early risers in our house took care of that! Thanks for sharing!"
"Excellent recipe. So easy to put together and house smelled great. After reading reviews, I did add 2 cups of carrots. Next time I will also add small potato's. I did not brown roast, just cut in half and then followed recipe. Worked out perfectly, meat browned very nicely and appealing to the eye! Thank you Carol"
"I'm confused.....why does recipe say to return sliced meat to slow cooker? What am I missing here?"
"My husband and I made this tonight for supper for him and his mom and dad. It was so simply and very rich and flavor. I also added 2 cup of baby carrots and 4 small/medium diced potatoes and only used a 1.5 lb roast. Definitely a keeper."
"So easy to prepare & so good!"
"Yum! My kids really loved this."
"THIS WOULD MAKE WONDERFUL FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES WITH THE LEFTOVERS."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.