Slow Cooker Beef au Jus Recipe
More Beef Slow Cooker Recipes »
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) au jus gravy mix
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut roast in half. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meat on all sides over medium-high heat.
- 2. Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat. Combine the broth, gravy mix, garlic and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove meat to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice meat and return to the slow cooker; serve with cooking juices and onion. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving (3ounces cooked beef with 1/4 cup pan juices) equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.