Slow Cooker Beef au Jus Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) au jus gravy mix
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut roast in half. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meat on all sides over medium-high heat.
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat. Combine the broth, gravy mix, garlic and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice meat and return to the slow cooker; serve with cooking juices and onion. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Beef Au Jus in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p31
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef au Jus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2011
So easy to prepare & so good!
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2009
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2008
Yum! My kids really loved this.
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2008
THIS WOULD MAKE WONDERFUL FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES WITH THE LEFTOVERS.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >