Slow Cooker Beef au Jus Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) au jus gravy mix
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut roast in half. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meat on all sides over medium-high heat.
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat. Combine the broth, gravy mix, garlic and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice meat and return to the slow cooker; serve with cooking juices and onion. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Beef Au Jus in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p31
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef au Jus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2011
So easy to prepare & so good!
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2009
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2008
Yum! My kids really loved this.
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2008
THIS WOULD MAKE WONDERFUL FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES WITH THE LEFTOVERS.