Slow Cooker Beef au Jus Recipe
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) au jus gravy mix
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut roast in half. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meat on all sides over medium-high heat.
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat. Combine the broth, gravy mix, garlic and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice meat and return to the slow cooker; serve with cooking juices and onion. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Beef au Jus
Sort By :
"My husband and I made this tonight for supper for him and his mom and dad. It was so simply and very rich and flavor. I also added 2 cup of baby carrots and 4 small/medium diced potatoes and only used a 1.5 lb roast. Definitely a keeper."
"So easy to prepare & so good!"
"Yum! My kids really loved this."
"THIS WOULD MAKE WONDERFUL FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES WITH THE LEFTOVERS."