- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer 2 cups to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
Sort By :
My kids love this and they generally do not like chicken. My husband actually requested that I make it again for the kids which is the first sign of him remotely planning a meal since we were married 20 years ago!
Love this recipe. I've found it works well with any type of chicken. I always use less brown sugar & add some cayenne pepper for some heat. This dish goes great with the Lemon Rice from this site also.
This was a hit, everyone loved it and will definitely make it again.
It was so great everyone raved about it. So simple, I love slow cooking.
We really liked this easy recipe. I added a little extra brown sugar based on the other reviews, and it was excellent. Still tangy and not too sweet, which was great. I turned my slow cooker on high for about an hour close to the end, and then turned in back down to low for the last 45 minutes. It was fall off the bone tender and very tasty. We'll make this one again!