- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer 2 cups to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
Sort By :
"Love this. Will make it again."
"My kids love this and they generally do not like chicken. My husband actually requested that I make it again for the kids which is the first sign of him remotely planning a meal since we were married 20 years ago!"
"Love this recipe. I've found it works well with any type of chicken. I always use less brown sugar & add some cayenne pepper for some heat. This dish goes great with the Lemon Rice from this site also."
"This was a hit, everyone loved it and will definitely make it again."
"It was so great everyone raved about it. So simple, I love slow cooking."