Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer 2 cups to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken(13)
Sort By :
This was a hit, everyone loved it and will definitely make it again.
It was so great everyone raved about it. So simple, I love slow cooking.
We really liked this easy recipe. I added a little extra brown sugar based on the other reviews, and it was excellent. Still tangy and not too sweet, which was great. I turned my slow cooker on high for about an hour close to the end, and then turned in back down to low for the last 45 minutes. It was fall off the bone tender and very tasty. We'll make this one again!
Excellent chicken recipe. I used boneless chicken thighs and breasts. Thanks for an excellent recipe.
My husband is not a big chicken eater, but he LOVED the sauce and gobbled it up!
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >