Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Using a sharp knife, cut through the joint of each leg quarter to separate into two pieces. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; pour into a measuring cup to measure 2 cups. Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 179 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.