- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the joint of each leg quarter to separate into two pieces. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; pour into a measuring cup to measure 2 cups. Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
Sort By :
"I made this exactly as given and found there was too much oil. I didn't care for the flavor of the sauce but son did like. Just because it's not my to my liking doesn't mean others won't like it. Enjoy!"
"This chicken was good, just not outstanding. I thought it tasted more like sweet and sour chicken than BBQ."
"Love this. Will make it again."
"My kids love this and they generally do not like chicken. My husband actually requested that I make it again for the kids which is the first sign of him remotely planning a meal since we were married 20 years ago!"
"Love this recipe. I've found it works well with any type of chicken. I always use less brown sugar & add some cayenne pepper for some heat. This dish goes great with the Lemon Rice from this site also."