Slow Cooker Barbeque Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Foolproof and wonderfully delicious describes my barbecue pork recipe. Just four ingredients and a slow cooker make a fabulous dish without any effort from you.Sarah Johnson, Chicago, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 Hormel lemon-garlic pork loin filet (about 1-1/3 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) Dr Pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour Dr. Pepper over top. Cover
- and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred meat with
- two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat
- through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 348 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,695 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.