Slow Cooker Barbeque Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 Hormel lemon-garlic pork loin filet (about 1-1/3 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) Dr Pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1. Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour Dr. Pepper over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve on buns.
- 3. Freeze option: Place individual portions of cooled meat mixture and juice in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 348 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 1,695 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.