More BBQ Beef Recipes »
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), cut into large chunks
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 to 10 sandwich rolls, split
- Place beef in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the celery, onion and green pepper. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, lemon juice, molasses, salt, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Pour over beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary. Shred beef. Toast rolls if desired. Use a slotted spoon to serve beef on rolls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef
Sort By :
"Really good. It did make a lot so we had this for 2 or 3 nights. I did not find this too spicy at all."
"Absolutely the best!!"
"It is FANTABULAS just the way it is!!!"
"The beef came out SO tender!! My husband doesn't like spicy foods and we are not big onion fans so I cut the chili powder down to 1 tablespoon and only used half the onion. It was just enough spice and flavor. I think next time I make this I am going to add some more brown sugar...I'm a sweet bbq fan. Definitely a good recipe."
"This recipe is a real winner. We have made it several times for Labor Day BBQ and for informal get-togethers. It allows us to have a low-fuss but home cooked meal and guests always rave!"