Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Recipe
More BBQ Beef Recipes »
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), cut into large chunks
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 to 10 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Place beef in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the celery, onion and green pepper. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, lemon juice, molasses, salt, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Pour over beef mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary. Shred beef. Toast rolls if desired. Use a slotted spoon to serve beef on rolls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 413 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,127 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.