Slow Cooker Baked Apples
Coming home to this irresistible dessert on a dreary day is just wonderful; it’s slow-cooker easy. — Evangeline Bradford, Erlanger, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 medium tart apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Core apples and peel top third of each if desired. Combine the
- raisins, brown sugar and orange peel; spoon into apples. Place in a
- 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Pour water around apples. Drizzle with orange juice concentrate. Dot
- with butter. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed apple equals 203 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.