Coming home to this irresistible dessert on a dreary day is just wonderful; it’s slow-cooker easy. — Evangeline Bradford, Erlanger, Kentucky
- 6 medium tart apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Core apples and peel the top third of each if desired. Combine the raisins, brown sugar and orange peel; spoon into apples. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Pour water around apples. Drizzle with orange juice concentrate. Dot with butter. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Baked Apples in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p53
Reviews for Slow Cooker Baked Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2016
"This made my house smell heavenly! and our stomachs happy!!"