My favorite stuffing uses a slow cooker, which helps when your oven's busy. It goes with everything from turkey to game hens. —Hope Wasylenki, Gahanna, OH
Featured In: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add mushrooms, onion and celery to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until onion is tender.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and 1-1/2 cups broth until blended. In a large bowl, combine stuffing cubes, stuffing mix, bacon and mushroom mixture. Stir in egg mixture and enough additional broth to reach desired moistness.
- Transfer to a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until heated through and edges are lightly browned, stirring once. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Slow Cooker Bacon-Mushroom Dressing in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Slow Cooker Bacon-Mushroom Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review