- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded Manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Stir in pasta and cheeses; transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-3-1/2 hours or until pasta is tender. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, 15 minutes before serving. Top with bacon. Yield: 18 servings (1/2 cup each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Bacon Mac & Cheese
"Yum!! This was easy to put together ahead of time. I added some Worstershire, dry mustard, and a little cayenne; as I do with most of time when I make Mac and Cheese. It did not take as long as the directions said. I had tasted it at 2 ? hours and thought it was about ready but let it go 15 minutes longer, it came out a bit mushy. So I recommend tasting it and not going with 3 – 3/12 hours right away."
"I have made this twice now. Very simple and easy and feeds a crowd! I did not think the bacon added much so I omitted it the second time. You could put this in a casserole dish in the oven with breadcrumbs to get a crispy topping."
"Amazing! And so easy - I just did it all in the slow-cooker. No muss, no fuss!"