Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake Recipe
A comforting dessert like this is a superb treat on a chilly night. Since the pudding is made in a slow cooker, it does not require any attention from you, so it's great when entertaining. It separates into three layers—apples, cake and sauce; and I like to serve it in a bowl. —Ellen Schroeder, Reedsburg, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours YIELD:10 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Spread into the bottom of a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle apples over batter.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, honey, melted butter, cinnamon and remaining sugar; pour over apples. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until apples are tender.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar. Serve with warm pudding cake. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup with 2 tablespoons sour cream mixture equals 431 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC