A comforting dessert like this is a superb treat on a chilly night. Since the pudding is made in a slow cooker, it does not require any attention from you, so it's great when entertaining. It separates into three layers—apples, cake and sauce; and I like to serve it in a bowl. —Ellen Schroeder, Reedsburg, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Spread into the bottom of a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle apples over batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, honey, melted butter, cinnamon and remaining sugar; pour over apples. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until apples are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar. Serve with warm pudding cake. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p93
Reviews for Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review