Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Spread into the bottom of a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle apples over batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, honey, melted butter, cinnamon and remaining sugar; pour over apples. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until apples are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar. Serve with warm pudding cake. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake(8)
Sort By :
Made this and took it to friends to cook while we were gone for a few hours. WOW awesome dessert. Skipped the sour cream mixture to serve with it and just used ice cream. Also took others advice and upped the apples to 4 instead of 2. I will make this again! SO EASY!
Amazing! I made this recipe exactly as is but chopped about 5 apples instead of 2 and it turned out so delish! Great for the fall season! And it's not overly sweet(I agree with the other review!)!! We were unsure of the sour cream topping-we never had it before but we loved it! We will keep it and use it again and use it for potlucks or holidays!!!!
Delcious! Light and not very sweet--just right after a big dinner. Ellie
Made this for a fall food day at work. It was a huge hit! The entire crockpot was scraped clean within 15 minutes and before people started eating lunch! Had lots of requests from people for the recipe and know that at least 2 people made it and also got rave reviews.
This is a wonderful dessert!! My husband is a diabetic so I always change the recipes a little: I did use more apples (about 6) and only 1/4c of sugar. I also used Sugar free maple syrup instead of honey and one box of sugar free strawberry jello (2 c water) + 2 tsp. cinnamon. It was just fabulous and I will serve this as one of my desserts for the next buffet or church function, since it can be kept warm right in the slow cooker.......really great dessert either way.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cake >
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >