- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Spread into the bottom of a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle apples over batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, honey, melted butter, cinnamon and remaining sugar; pour over apples. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until apples are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar. Serve with warm pudding cake. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake
Sort By :
"I don't know what happened but I made this today as directed and it was not very good! Tasted doughy and I let it slow cook for the 3 hours on low as directed. Will not be attempting this one again."
"Great dessert---tasty and easy---I added more apples too, as mentioned before. Will definately keep this recipe handy."
"Made this and took it to friends to cook while we were gone for a few hours. WOW awesome dessert. Skipped the sour cream mixture to serve with it and just used ice cream. Also took others advice and upped the apples to 4 instead of 2. I will make this again! SO EASY!"
"Amazing! I made this recipe exactly as is but chopped about 5 apples instead of 2 and it turned out so delish! Great for the fall season! And it's not overly sweet(I agree with the other review!)!! We were unsure of the sour cream topping-we never had it before but we loved it! We will keep it and use it again and use it for potlucks or holidays!!!!"
"Delcious! Light and not very sweet--just right after a big dinner. Ellie"