- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups frozen gold and white corn
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salsa verde and chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 15 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated though, stirring once. Serve with salsa verde and cilantro if desired. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Slow-Cooked White Bean Chili
"I used Costco rotisserie chicken and Monterey jack with jalapeno pepper and then red pepper flakes--a bit hot, but wonderful at the same time!!"
"Delicious. Loved it! Skipped the chilis and threw in a handful of shredded carrot. Next time may sub some of the beans with a different type of bean just for some variety."
"Yumm. Eaten it time and time again."
"Great recipe! I initially made a mistake...didn't read the canned bean part for some reason...and used uncooked beans instead. I realized my mistake so I left the cheese and sour cream out and cooked everything else for 4 hours on high. The cheese and sour cream went in for another 30 minutes on high after that and it came out very tasty! No leftovers on this one!"
"My daughter's favorite chili. I make it over the stove instead of the slow cooker. I cut down on the cayenne pepper since it seemed too spicy."
"WONDERFUL! I read all of the reviews, so I did some of the suggestions put out here...First let me tell you...I won First Place in a Chili cookoff and I was the only one with a white bean chili!! Ok, I used grilled chicken( Tyson's if you don't have any available in your freezer) I did double the recipe but not the broth, sour cream or alfredo sauce.. 1 can of chopped chilis and no cayenne pepper. I used McKennzies frozen tube corn, 1 sweet white, 1 sweet yellow cream style. And I used 1/2 of cup more of both kinds of cheese. I also sauteed the onion, yellow pepper and garlic until tender in just a little bit of olive oil. Added it all together in the crock pot as instructed and you got a FIRST PLACE WHITE chicken CHILI!"
"Delicious! The only thing I changed was to reduce the amount of red pepper and add some garlic salt to taste."
"I won the chili cook-off at work in the "medium hot" category with this chili! We love it and make it several times throughout the fall and winter months in Oregon."
"This chili was fantastic, I took it to a church luncheon and it was a big hit. My crockpot was almost empty. Didn't change a thing, it was delicious. Will definitely make again!!!"
"I was disappointed in this White Chili recipe. Because of the ratings, I expected more. I reduced the chicken broth to one cup, used one can of green chilies (mild) and half the red pepper and it was still extremely hot. I will go back to my original white chili recipe."