- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups frozen gold and white corn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salsa verde and chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 15 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated though, stirring once. Serve with salsa verde and cilantro if desired. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews for Slow-Cooked White Bean Chili
"I used Costco rotisserie chicken and Monterey jack with jalapeno pepper and then red pepper flakes--a bit hot, but wonderful at the same time!!"
"Delicious. Loved it! Skipped the chilis and threw in a handful of shredded carrot. Next time may sub some of the beans with a different type of bean just for some variety."
"Yumm. Eaten it time and time again."
"Great recipe! I initially made a mistake...didn't read the canned bean part for some reason...and used uncooked beans instead. I realized my mistake so I left the cheese and sour cream out and cooked everything else for 4 hours on high. The cheese and sour cream went in for another 30 minutes on high after that and it came out very tasty! No leftovers on this one!"
"My daughter's favorite chili. I make it over the stove instead of the slow cooker. I cut down on the cayenne pepper since it seemed too spicy."