Slow-Cooked Vegetables Recipe
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 small carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the vegetables in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the butter, tapioca, sugar, salt if desired and pepper; pour over vegetables and stir well.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 118 calories, 99 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 16 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 6 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.