- Place the first four ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large
- skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted
- spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Reserve drippings.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/4 teaspoon
- pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add meat, a few pieces at a time; seal
- and shake to coat. Brown the beef, onion and garlic in drippings and
- Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in the broth, wine or additional broth,
- bay leaf, thyme, reserved bacon and remaining salt and pepper. Cover
- and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay
- Combine soup and water; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high
- for 30 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water; stir into slow
- cooker. Cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until thickened. Yield:
- 7-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now