We love to eat turkey, and on hot summer days, here's how we get our fix. For golden-brown turkey, broil for a few minutes before serving. —Margaret Bracher, Robertsdale, Alabama
Featured In: 23 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix salt, garlic powder, thyme and pepper; rub over turkey breasts. Place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour water around turkey. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours (a thermometer inserted in turkey should read at least 165°).
- Remove turkey from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine compote ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened and apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve turkey with compote. Yield: 12 servings (3-1/4 cups compote).
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Turkey with Berry Compote in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p42
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Turkey with Berry Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review