Slow-Cooked Turkey Stroganoff Recipe
I have been making this tasty dish for 30 plus years. Our family loves turkey and I make a variety of turkey dishes, but this is our favorite. I love it because I can put it in my slow cooker before I leave for work and come home to a hot, delicious dinner. It's great served over cooked noodles, rice, mashed potatoes or polenta.—Cindy Adams, Tracy, California
- 4 turkey thighs (about 4 pounds)
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Place turkey and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk soup, water, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper until blended; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred meat with two forks. Whisk sour cream into cooking juices; return meat to slow cooker. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Turkey Stroganoff in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p39
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Turkey Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review