- 4 turkey thighs (about 4 pounds)
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Place turkey and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk soup, water, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper until blended; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Shred meat with two forks. Whisk sour cream into cooking juices; return meat to slow cooker. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Turkey Stroganoff
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. I followed it to the letter and it was great. May try chicken next time. Thanks"
"I am using 3 1/2 lbs of turkey tenderloins in the crockpot. Will it be done in 4 hours?"
"@ Cindy: Great recipe! Thanks!@ audh125: I'm sure you could use leftover cooked turkey...maybe 2 or 3 cups, shredded. I would saute the onions in butter in a deep skillet until tender first. Then, in a large bowl, whisk soup, water, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper until blended; pour over top, Simmer while you cook the noodles., adding the sour cream a couple of minutes before the noodles are done. You may have to add more water or some chicken or turkey stock since you won't have the cooking juices from the meat. You'll need to eyeball it, though. Maybe a half a cup."
"Can you use left over turkey?"