- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and pepper.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Turkey Sloppy Joes
"Wonderful and easy!"
"Super easy and delicious! I didn't have any reduced sodium soup on hand so I used regular tomato soup and received no complaints that the dish was too salty."
"I wasn't so sure about using tomato soup in this but it turned out great! Even my son loved it and he can be quite the picky eater!"
"While this is easy and healthy, I really love orignal sloppy joes. My kids immediatly knew this was not ground beef. I thought it was good, but will replace with the original."
"I also used yellow pepper because that is what I had. Delicious!"