This tangy sandwich filling is so easy to prepare in the slow cooker, and it goes over well at gatherings large and small. I frequently take it to potlucks, and I'm always asked for my secret ingredient. —Marylou LaRue, Freeland, Michigan
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and pepper.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sloppy Joes in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p16
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Turkey Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review