- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and pepper.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Turkey Sloppy Joes
"Very good; even for a 2.5 year old toddler. Left out the onion upon husband's request and it still turned out yummy!"
"Doubled everything & put in my 5 quart slow cooker. Onions not required. Delicious!- Theresa"
"Wonderful and easy!"
"I wasn't so sure about using tomato soup in this but it turned out great! Even my son loved it and he can be quite the picky eater!"
"While this is easy and healthy, I really love orignal sloppy joes. My kids immediatly knew this was not ground beef. I thought it was good, but will replace with the original."
"I also used yellow pepper because that is what I had. Delicious!"
"Not bad for the 1st time we had ground turkey."
"I didn't have any soup, so I used tomato juice instead and it came out watery, but it was still very good, and I did add a can of kidney beans and 1 tablespoon of vinegar for an added punch, with spicy mustard instead of regular mustard, it was delicious, I even used it in a salad."
"I have some very picky eaters and they gobbled this up and asked for more."