It’s hard to believe that tossing a few pantry ingredients with summer’s fresh best can yield such a lovely salad. Pair it with grilled lemon chicken for a light lunch. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, tomatoes and basil. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Couscous Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p33
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Tomato-Basil Couscous Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review