Slow-Cooked Thai Peanut Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk, divided
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, orange juice, marmalade, oil, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce and 3/4 cup coconut milk; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 3. In a small saucepan, bring the rice, water and remaining coconut milk to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Serve with chicken and sauce; sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 616 calories, 32 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Thai Peanut Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.