Slow-Cooked Tender Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 pounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut brisket into thirds; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Thinly slice meat across the grain. If desired, thicken cooking liquid. Yield: 10 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef with 1/3 cup cooking juices equals 277 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.