I've been making this recipe for years because my family really likes it. It's great for busy days because you make it earlier in the day and let it cook.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk and cornmeal until smooth. Add corn, tomatoes, olives, chili seasoning, seasoned salt and beef.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours and 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Tamale Casserole in Country Extra September 2001, p51
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Tamale Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review