Slow-Cooked Tamale Casserole Recipe
I've been making this recipe for years because my family really likes it. It's great for busy days because you make it earlier in the day and let it cook.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk and cornmeal until smooth. Add corn, tomatoes, olives, chili seasoning, seasoned salt and beef.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours and 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 386 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,255 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC