Slow-Cooked Tamale Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk and cornmeal until smooth. Add corn, tomatoes, olives, chili seasoning, seasoned salt and beef.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours and 45 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Tamale Casserole(15)
Sort By :
Instead of season salt I used red pepper flakes, that spiced it up real nice
This was very simple to put together which makes it great when you don't have a lot of time but to me I felt like it was missing something in flavor. Maybe it needed to be spicy since my family loves spicy dishes or maybe more cheesy. This is something I would try again but next time I'll be adding something to the dish.
This one is a keeper.
Lacked flavor compared to the recipe I've been holding on for years that I got off a corn meal box. I would, although make my usual recipe in the crock pot next time.
John loved this recipe
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >