Slow-Cooked Taco Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Cut four 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a round loaf. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and hot sauce; pour over meat loaf during the last hour of cooking. Let stand for 10 minutes. Using foil strips as handles, remove the meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Taco Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"My husband always groans and rolls his eyes when I say I'm making meatloaf for dinner, but no more! We loved this -- so flavorful! I made it exactly as written, but cut the calories by using 96% lean beef, reduced-fat cheese, and baked tortilla chips. I might add a can of chopped green chilies next time, just for a little extra zip. This will be our go-to meatloaf recipe from now on."
"EASY, GREAT TASTE, even good when it 's cold. This is a KEEPER!!!!"
"Not a big meatloaf fan until I tried this recipe"
"Leftovers make GREAT Meatloaf Tacos. Just heat up the meatloaf, slice it and place in taco shells. Top with jack cheese, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. Favorite Salsa on the side. Fantastic!!CEA"