Slow-Cooked Taco Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1. Cut four 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a round loaf. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and hot sauce; pour over meat loaf during the last hour of cooking. Let stand for 10 minutes. Using foil strips as handles, remove the meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 345 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 936 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.