- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a large bowl, mix beans, cheese, salsa, onion, corn, rice, chili powder and cumin; spoon into peppers. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
I first made this at home and loved it. The next time I didn't stuff the peppers, but instead added two chopped red peppers to the mix. My pot luck group loved it, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
I have not made your stuffed peppers as yet but you can bet your life I will before the week is out . Doyle Scott.
It was delicious, but next time I will cook the rice before I add it to the mix.
Really simply and easy stuffed peppers recipe. I used ground beef instead of black beans but left everything else the same. The only thing I might do differently next time is make a sauce to go with it as my husband complained some of the meat was a bit dry.
Pretty simple and tasty, made without any meat but could easily add grnd beef or maybe some chicken.