- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a large bowl, mix beans, cheese, salsa, onion, corn, rice, chili powder and cumin; spoon into peppers. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Stuffed Peppers
Sort By :
"What a fantastic way to make stuffed peppers that come out so tender and delicious. I used brown rice, which wasn't quite done when we were ready to eat, so I spooned some of the liquid from the bottom of the crock pot into the peppers. After another half hour or so, they were perfect. We enjoyed the tex-mex flavors, and I will use this method for my other stuffed pepper recipes in the future."
"My hubby and I love these! So easy to make and so yummy! Great with sour cream! I cooked the rice before I stuffed the peppers!"
"What is "Converted Rice"? I usually use the original rice that comes in a plastic bag and takes about 40-45 mins. to cook. Is "converted" rice the fast cooking kind that comes in a box and cooks in about 5-10 min? Or, can I use original white or brown rice? I'm rating this only because it's the only way to submit this question....I can't figure out any other way to get my question answered through Taste of Home. This recipe does sound delicious and I do plan to try it if I can get my question answered."
"I used quinoa instead of rice and added jalapeno peppers (just a few slices) to add great flavor. Used orange peppers also since they were cheaper. Yummy!!!!"