My favorite kitchen appliance is the slow-cooker, and I use mine more than anyone else I know. It does a great job with this good-for-you dish. —Michelle Gurnsey, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a large bowl, mix beans, cheese, salsa, onion, corn, rice, chili powder and cumin; spoon into peppers. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Stuffed Peppers in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p43
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review