Slow-Cooked Stuffed Apples Recipe
- 6 large tart apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Granola and caramel ice cream topping, optional
- 1. Core apples and peel top third of each; brush peeled portions with lemon juice. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Combine the pecans, apricots, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place a heaping tablespoonful of mixture in each apple. Pour 2 cups water around apples.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with granola and caramel topping if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed apple (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 256 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 1 g protein.