Slow-Cooked Stuffed Apples
This irresistible dessert is slow-cooker easy. Warm and comforting, the tender apples are filled with chewy pecans and yummy caramel topping. —Pam Kaiser, Mansfield, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 large tart apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Granola and caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Core apples and peel top third of each; brush peeled portions with
- lemon juice. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the pecans, apricots, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and
- nutmeg. Place a heaping tablespoonful of mixture in each apple. Pour
- 2 cups water around apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender. Serve
- with granola and caramel topping if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed apple (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 256 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 1 g protein.