Slow-Cooked Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 beef top round steaks (about 3/4 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Cut round steaks into 3x1/2-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, mustard and pepper. Add beef in batches; toss to coat.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer onion, mushrooms and beef. Pour broth over top. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Stroganoff
Sort By :
"It was ok. Definitely easy."
"had no mushrooms used cream of mushroom soup , and used greek yoghurt instead of sour cream absolutely awesome"
"Awesome dish. I loved it."
"Do you have to cook the beef before putting it in the crockpot??? Thank you."
"We really enjoyed this meal. I omitted the mushrooms, because of someone with allergies to them. I had to thicken it a bit more with flour, but other than that I followed directions as written. I served it with fresh broccoli and a side of chopped apples with raisins, honey and sprinkled with cinnamon."