- 2 beef top round steaks (about 3/4 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Cut round steaks into 3x1/2-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, mustard and pepper. Add beef in batches; toss to coat.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer onion, mushrooms and beef. Pour broth over top. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Stroganoff
Sort By :
"everyone enjoyed.. very flavorfull"
"Delicious. Used fresh mushrooms."
"This was great , I used meatballs will make again and again ..."
"Used an all-purpose gluten free blend and fat-free sour cream. It was okay, But I'd want more mushrooms, and fresh ones, and a tablespoonful or so of paprika."
"It was ok. Definitely easy."