"I've been preparing Stroganoff in the slow cooker for more than 20 years," relates Karen Herbert of Placerville, California. "Once you've done it this way, you'll never cook it on the stovetop again. It's great for family or company."
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 beef top round steaks (about 3/4 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Cut round steaks into 3x1/2-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, mix flour,
- salt, mustard and pepper. Add beef in batches; shake to coat.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer onion, mushrooms and beef. Pour broth
- over top. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked beef (calculated without noodles) equals 275 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.