Slow-Cooked Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 beef top round steaks (about 3/4 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. Cut round steaks into 3x1/2-in. strips. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, mustard and pepper. Add beef in batches; toss to coat.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer onion, mushrooms and beef. Pour broth over top. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 8-10 servings.
4 ounces cooked beef (calculated without noodles) equals 275 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.