Slow Cooked Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
- 6 cups chopped rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 2 cups halved unsweetened strawberries
- Angel food cake, pound cake or vanilla ice cream
- 1. Place rhubarb in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine sugar, orange peel and ginger; sprinkle over rhubarb. Add cinnamon stick and grape juice. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until rhubarb is tender.
- 2. Stir in strawberries; cook 1 hour longer. Discard cinnamon stick. Serve with cake or ice cream. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup: 115 calories, trace fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 fruit
Reviews for Slow Cooked Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
"I was able to have desert ready for company after church on Sunday by making a shortcake the day before and serving this sauce over it. It was delicious! I should have shut the crock pot off a little while before serving it so the sauce would have time to cool. But that was my fault, not the recipes!"