I often depend on this stew to put a hot, nutritious meal on the table after a long day at work.Diane Delaney, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 9 hours
- 4 cups reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the V8, tapioca, sugar and pepper; let stand
- for 15 minutes. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, carrots,
- celery and onion. Top with beef. Add V8 mixture. Cover and cook on
- low for 9-10 hours or until beef is tender. Serve over noodles.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 156 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.