- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), wamed
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Thinly slice steak across the grain into strips; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, coriander, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Add the onion, peppers and cilantro. Cover and cook 1-2 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Steak Fajitas
Sort By :
"This was perfect for our camping trip, the meat was so tender, everyone loved it. A Keeper!"
"It was great, but all the recipes I try from any of your books are great. Karen"