Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the next 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until heated through. Discard bay leaf. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 142 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.