Slow-Cooked Southwest Chicken Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 jar (8 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a 2- or 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, broth, tomatoes, chicken, salsa, corn and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Shred chicken with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Southwest Chicken(23)
Sort By :
So simple and easy! The beans and corn made such a filling, flavorful salsa that I didn't even serve with the rice.
Easy to make as I had all of the ingredients in the pantry. Decent dish, I'll definitely make it again if I'm short on time. Thanks for the recipe!
I only used one can of black beans, doubled the corn, and added cilantro and lime juice.
I love to use my slow-cooker whenever possible, and I make this recipe often. It's delicious and full of flavor.
This was so simple to make and it really tastes great. I sprinkled some grated Colby Jack 2% Cheese on top - Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Stews >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >