Slow-Cooked Southwest Chicken Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 jar (8 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a 2- or 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, broth, tomatoes, chicken, salsa, corn and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Shred chicken with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 320 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 873 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.